Last Updated on
Trees Adventure Dwellingup is for families who love adventure. If you want to go flying amongst the trees on a zip line, the Dwellingup Tree top Adventure Park is for adventurers of all ages. In fact, the older you get the higher the courses get and the Dwellingup high ropes course is for people who REALLY like some adrenaline in their lives.
This post may contain affiliate links, from which we would earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you. More info in my disclaimer.
What We Did At The Trees Adventure– Lane Poole Reserve
We did the yellow ropes course, which was suitable for your children aged four to seven. The yellow course is about two meters above the ground and is the only course that can be supervised from the ground.
Once your kids get belted up and are given their gloves, adventure kit, and a safety talk – off they go! All that remains is for you to supervise them from the ground. This was appealing for us, because at the time I had the baby, and so I couldn’t be participating on zip lines.
After about one hour our kids felt that it was not challenging enough, and at that point would have liked to move up to the green course. However, the green course is suitable for 8 years plus and with a participating adult. It has your little ones jumping from six meter platforms, so quite a different leap in terms of adventure.
Other Options For Trees Adventure Dwellingup
The rest of the trees course is an absolutely awesome way for the whole family to bond through adventure while also challenging themselves. There are Green (up to 6 meters, suitable from 8 years), Blue (platforms up to 8 meters, suitable from 8 years) and Red (up to 12 meters high and suitable for 10 years plus) courses. The Green, Blue, and Red courses require a participating adult. The black course offers 10 challenges up to a whopping 14 meters high, and is for people over 13 years. It can also be supervised from the ground.
The Dwellingup high ropes course is definitely a great activity for teenagers and families to do in Dwellingup. We will most certainly be heading back to The Trees Adventure Course within a year or two to give it another go with our older kids.
What you need to know before visiting the Dwellingup Trees Adventure Course
- For families of children aged 4-7; this is a great opportunity for kids to get used to zip lines and feel like they are real adventurers. There was a sense of disappointment in our family that we couldn’t move up a course.
- We had one child aged 5, and one child aged 9. We emailed them beforehand and asked how that would work. They had said that either you needed 1 adult to supervise the younger, and another adult to participate with the older child. Alternatively, they would both need to do the yellow course, which is what we ended up doing.
- You need to book tickets online as it is extremely popular on weekends and public holidays. You definitely would not want to turn up and find that there was no space.
- Should you arrive late, keep in mind that after your initial safety briefing sessions last 2.5 hours so if you happen to misjudge the time taken to travel to the Dwellingup Trees Adventure Park – you won’t miss out completely.
- There is no phone signal, and it is definitely in the middle of the bush.
- This is a challenging adventure course, dress appropriately in comfortable adventure style clothes.
- This is hard work! Even with the yellow course the children were physically very tired after just one hour.
- There is a little cafeteria where you can buy snacks or lunch.
- This is a bush experience – there is a pit toilet on site (the kids found this a challenge also).
- Spectators for free entry
- For latest pricing and information go to Trees Adventure Dwellingup
How To Find Trees Adventure Dwellingup
The Trees Adventure Dwellingup is about 2 hours from the center of Perth. It is possible to do it as a day trip from Perth. Alternatively you could spend two nights in Dwellingup. We wrote a post about what we did in Dwellingup Western Australia here.
If you don’t want to stay in Dwellingup, the largest nearby city is Mandurah which is less than 1 hour’s drive and offers a lot of different accommodation types.
Looking For Other Treetop Adventures
Check out our other treetop adventures posts.
Like It> Pin It> Trees Adventure Dwellingup With Kids